Cana
Last night we headed out to one of the local wineries to enjoy some music, wine, and see Rebecca and her family before she heads out on her month long camping trip. Everybody was supposed to bring some type of appetizer. We just got a red pepper hummus from Sam's Club, so I decided to make naan.

My first attempt was a disaster. I make naan all the time, three to four times a week, so it shouldn't have been hard. This time however, I decided to double the recipe. The consistency was just wrong, I made a few, then threw the whole thing out and started over. I didn't double the second attempt and finished the last naan 10 minutes before we were supposed to be there.

I got to try a lot of new things: beet salad, kidney w/mushroom and brandy reduction on puff pastry and roast quail breast. Callie was especially fond of the roast quail breast and was rarely seen not carrying one around (they were on skewers). I actually enjoyed the kidney dish, minus the kidney. Flavor wasn't the problem for me, it was texture. All the food was wonderful, as usual, and the wine was perfect.

The music was good. It was surprising how low the turnout was. The winery has the music monthly for free. I think more people would come if they knew. There were tables and chairs on the lawn for quests. They even had chips and nacho cheese.

I'm sure Rebecca will have a wonderful trip. What an amazing experience a month long camping trip will be. Especially with 4 kids. Good Luck Rebecca!


Labels: | edit post
1 Response
  1. Awioa Says:

    I hadn't heard they were doing this. Last year they did Movie nights but I guess since they have a movie theater they decided to switch. I personally would love to come and watch old movies.

    I want to go on a month long camping trip.