Cana
Here is our new ornament this year. We picked it up at the market in Las Cruces last Saturday. She is an angel chili. Pretty cute. We didn't get a new ornament last year because our tree was 12 inches tall.

Bitty is in love with Christmas, mostly the two gingerbread people. She likes to lay on them and doesn't want to be bothered. The other two cats don't go up there at all.

We decorated the trees the weekend after Thanksgiving. We didn't even try to get real ones this year. I have no idea how much they would cost here anyway. Our house is cozy, that means small, and these two trees are tiny and fit perfectly. We got them when JT was overseas and I wasn't going to get a tree by myself. They are really a little pathetic, but look pretty when all decorated. Though the gold one is leaning a little. This is probably because James Bond thinks they are toys we set up for him and he is always being ripped out of the trees.

This wine bottle was the one I got with my gift card for winning the GS chili cookoff. It is handpainted with snowflakes. We bought the glass topper and oil lamp wick to convert it to an oil lamp after we fininshed it. Thank you Rebecca!

Labels: , | edit post
1 Response
  1. Awioa Says:

    very nice chili angel. I had cats once who would climb the fake trees but not the live ones. I lost one tree to that. It was really really sad after she broke the branches. Tigra only plays with the decorations on the tree when we are in the room. I think she is taunting us cause we won't let her outside. I should let her out now while everything is wet. Maybe she will be happy to be inside again.