Cana
During the middle of the night last Friday, all our cats got out. We found a hole in the screen the next morning. JB and Bitty came back later that day, but not Delilah. She is the most street smart of the bunch, so initially we weren't worried. As night fell, our concerns escalated. Sunday was rough, she had never been gone that long. We love our cats, some say too much. By Sunday night we discussed plans for posters and visiting the Humane Society and local vets.

We spent Monday picking up fliers from Leandra (thanks) and posting them, checking the shelter and calling friends. The paper and the radio were also contacted.

This morning I woke around 4am worried about my cat. Unable to sleep I came into the living room. A few minutes later I heard meowing. It didn't sound like Delilah, but I thought I would check it out anyway. The meowing was coming from the roof. There she was, not sounding at all herself, still wearing her collar, on the edge of the roof.

JT headed up to the roof deck, after I woke him, and Delilah ran to him. She even let me hug her, briefly. JB and Bitty treated her like some foreign kitty for about 2 hours, then everything was back to normal. She didn't look like she had been roughing it for the past few days, she wasn't hungry but was very thirsty.

Today we will spend calling people to let them know Delilah has been found and taking down fliers.
Labels: | edit post
1 Response
  1. Awioa Says:

    So glad she made it home. Gotta love the weird sounds that make you wonder is that her?

    Few years ago Drake (our dog) got out, this was a common occurence as he loved to swim in the neighbors pond. Animal control had picked him up several times and when he didn't come home I thought they had him again but they didn't . I did the same thing with the flyers and ad's and such. Even going down to the shelter in case he had lost his collar but nothing. I finally decided he was gone for good. It was two weeks later when I heard a scratching at the door, it was early Sunday morning and there he was. His chest was huge. I think he spent two weeks just running all over the place. Luckily now he is to much of a chunky monkey to get out these days.